2013: Spiele auf Dreamcast zu portieren profitabler als für Wii U?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Das ist ja mal 'n Ding: Entwickler denken darüber nach, ihre Spieler lieber für Dreamcast zu portieren, als für Nintendo's Wii U zu veröffentlichen. Man habe Angst, dass sich die Spiele für Wii U nicht verkaufen. Das Interesse für Dreamcast sei größer. Außerdem habe Dreamcast die VMU, was ähnlich zum Wii U Gamepad sei. Ports für SEGAs Dreamcast seien profitabler! Und wer sagt das? Kei Masuda, Producer von Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 bei Konami:

“The Wii U is just not profitable,” explained Masuda, “In fact, we were actually considering a Dreamcast port because it would be profitable. We have teams at Konami that already know the Dreamcast architecture so it would be a lot easier than trying to figure out how to unlock the Wii U’s potential. The audience is definitely bigger on the Dreamcast too.”

Und was denkt man bei BlueBlitz Studios?
    “I’m mostly afraid our game won’t sell on the Wii U,” said Lang, “I’ve been looking at the Dreamcast for a while and it looks to be a viable alternative. The Dreamcast has the VMU thing and that is just as good as the Wii U screen controller. I mean, I would be developing on the system that had Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue. That’s legendary, man. The more I talk about it, the more I’m liking this idea.”

Quelle: p4rgaming.com

• Offizieller Beitrag

Im Interview mit Nintendo Präsident Satoru Iwata bricht dieser in einer Pause in Tränen aus, als die Wii U mit SEGAs Dreamcast verglichen wird.

Q: Mr. Iwata, tell me how the new Nintendo Wii U is not like the Dreamcast?

A: Nintendo’s philosophy behind the Wii U is vastly different from Sega’s in the early 2000s. We introduced a new method of control for games by adding a screen into the controller. (pause) Although the Dreamcast may have also done this, ours has touch functionality that will add many new innovations for future titles. Our first-party software line-up is very strong, just like the Dreamcast. This is a positive however, not a negative although some might say the lack of third-party support is very similar. In many respects, the Dreamcast is like the Wii U, but in a positive way.

Q: A follow-up to the previous question Mr. Iwata, can you give us one reason why the Wii U won’t fail like the Dreamcast?

A: Well, we are only three months into the launch of the Wii U and it is too soon to say whether or not it will fail. I believe very strongly in our product and (pause) the Wii U will not be a failure under my direction. (pause) Yes, I remember the question, one reason why it won’t fail. Things may look bleak now, but what else can I do to assure shareholders that the Wii U won’t be a failure? (laughs) Allow me to take a break for a minute to gather my thoughts.

[Mr. Iwata walked off the stage for five minutes]
    Although not in the official transcript, Iwata was seen crying by fellow Nintendo employees during the five-minute break. He stopped answering Wii U questions after he returned and only took 3DS-related questions.

Kazuo Hirai, Sony CEO, gave some advice to Iwata saying, “It’s okay for us leaders to cry over failed products. Trust me, I’ve done a lot of crying too.”

Quelle: p4rgaming.com

• Offizieller Beitrag

Im Interview mit Nintendo Präsident Satoru Iwata bricht dieser in einer Pause in Tränen aus, als die Wii U mit SEGAs Dreamcast verglichen wird.

"Deine Wii-U? Schon mal von der Dreamcast gehört?!!" :fhint:
    :hrenn: "Ihr seid ja soo gemein!!"

:lol!:

Aber seid wann kann man das Pad mit der VMU vergleichen? Das ist als würde man einen Flat-Screen mit einem Radiowecker-Display gleichstellen .. :uh:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!